Thursday, February 13, 2014

Views From Lausanne

A week or two ago, I set out to explore Lausanne. I was on a personal mission to find the spot with the best view in the city. It didn't take me long to stumble upon a beautiful little park perched upon the hill side: d'Arrondissement de Lausanne. This little corner of green in a mostly concrete city is like a little piece of heaven. And on a clear day, you can see straight to the French Alps across the lake.









Not two days later, I was exploring a bit closer to the water, 
when I discovered another little gem: Le Parc Olympique. You 
almost forget you are in a bustling city when you enter this park. The trees and shrubs shelter you from the noise of the streets but still allow for picturesque views of the mountains. 













After searching the streets of Lausanne for the perfect view, I have concluded that there is not one best venue in the city. Every time you turn a corner in this town, white-capped mountains or sprawling cityscapes leave you in awe. Another one of my favorites is from the patio at Crêperie d'Ouchy. (But my judgement might have been skewed by my delicious banana-nutella crêpe and hot chocolate!)



With love, from Lausanne

Mindy


No comments:

Post a Comment