Friday, June 13, 2014

Budapest

I wrote this post once already, but it somehow was lost before I could publish it. So, now that I am sufficiently frustrated, this post is going to be much shorter, sweeter and more to the point.

Budapest was great, I arrived on Wednesday afternoon in the stifling heat and went straight to the famous thermal baths. It was a beautiful day for the baths, which were just down the street from my hostel. 

The next day I went on a walking tour where I saw the Buda Castle, the Chain Bridge, St. Stephen's church, and the Mathias Church among many other things. After the tour, I headed back to the Mathias church to admire the colorful wall to wall frescoes inside it which contrast which it's white gothic  exterior. Just outside of the church is the Fisherman's Bastion which is a line of white stone towers connected by walls. It give a great view of the amazing parliament building across the street. Later, I had a nice dinner at a local restaurant, followed by dessert and coffee at a the Cafe Corynthian. The Corynthian was recomended to me by my tour guide for their Esterházy torte, which is a local delecacy, and it was delicious! The last thing I did in Budapest was watch the sun set over the Buda Castle from the Freedom bridge. It was one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen, and it was a great way to spend my last evening in this wonderful city.

I regret that my stay in Budapest was much too


short, but I am excited to be moving on to Barcelona today to see my best friend for the first time in 4 and a half long months. Spain, here I come! (Again...)


With love, from Budapest

Mindy

No comments:

Post a Comment